The Saskatchewan Hockey Association shall award a minimum of eleven (11) $1,000.00 Hockey Education Assistance Grants each hockey season to a minimum of eleven (11) registered members (male or female) of the S.H.A. as follows:
- 8 Regional (zone) members (player, coach or member of the referees division)
- 1 Midget AAA registered player
- 1 Female registered player
- 1 Junior A, Junior B, Junior C or Senior registered player
The recipients of the grants will be determined by a committee of three (3) Board of Directors members of the S.H.A. This committee is to be appointed by the President of S.H.A. The recipients will be announced by September 30th of the hockey season.
Each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must have been registered for three (3) years.
- Must be a registrant in good standing in the S.H.A.
- Must be a graduating Grade 12 student during that year except for:
- Junior A, B, & C players
- Senior players 20 years of age or under as of December 31st of the current year.
- Must be going to attend a Saskatchewan based University, affiliate College or SIAST.
- Must attend an institution within four (4) years to take advantage of the grant.
- Junior A scholarship recipients must attend a Saskatchewan post-secondary institution within one (1) year of completion of their Junior A eligibility in order to receive their scholarship.
- New grant recipients must attend a Saskatchewan post-secondary intitute within:
- Four (4) years if application requirement is a graduating Grade 12 student during that year.
- One (1) year, if application requirement is as a player 20 years of age or under as December 31st of the current year.
- Recipients may only be eligible to receive the grant once.
Each applicant will be required to fill out and return an application form (obtained from the S.H.A. office) on or before August 31st of the hockey season.
Each application form indicates two (2) methods whereby a person may apply. They can apply in the zone where the player's home address is and/or the division of hockey they play in. An example is a player whose home address is in Zone 1 and plays on a Midget AAA team; the player may apply in Zone 1 and also as a Midget AAA player; or the female player may apply in Zone 1 and also as a Female Player.
The grant will be paid upon proof of enrolment. The proof of enrolment will be in the form of receipts from the educational instution the receipient is attending. The payment, which is to be applied to tuition and the purchase of textbooks, will be made directly to the applicant.
Congratulations to the 2012 Recipients:
||Garret Earl, Estevan
||Derek Dawson, Regina
||Chayce Gavelin, Meyronne
||Kurtis Flavel, Humboldt
||Hannah Strautman, Dalmeny
||Denin Kidd, Saskatoon
||Ryan McKillop, Elrose
||Carson Kalyn, Shellbrook
||Lucia Lemieux, Carnduff
||Jill Kennedy, Swift Current
||Kolby Tenney, Hillmond
||Matthew Scott, Cupar
Scholarship Application Form