High Performance 1
HP1 Clinic Dates
High Performance 1 Clinic will NOT be offered in 2018
The NCCP High Performance I seminar will feature professional speakers delivering sessions featuring topics such as specialty teams, yearly planning, offensive/defensive individual tactics, offensive/defensive team play systems, goaltending, Mental Training, Off-Ice Training and many more.
The NCCP HP I delegates will be guided by some of the best leaders in Canada. Past guest speakers have included coaches from a wide range of levels and teams, including University, Junior, Minor Professional, Europe, and National Hockey League coaches.
High Performance I Background and Eligibility Criteria
The NCCP High Performance I Seminar is held every two (2) years in Saskatchewan and is targeted at those coaches who have significant coaching experience, and want to pursue High Performance coaching opportunities with competitive athletes.
Those coaches applying for NCCP High Performance Level I Certification through this Seminar must meet the following criteria:
- Coaches Coaching in the Male program – should have a minimum three (3) years coaching experience at the Bantam level or higher
- Coaches Coaching in the Female Program – must have a minimum three (3) years coaching experience at the Midget level or higher.
- NOTE: As per new Hockey Canada guidelines for the NCCP program, coaches DO NOT have to have completed NCCP Development Level certification before applying for the NCCP High Performance I seminar.
To complete the NCCP High Performance I field evaluation following the seminar, coaches must meet the following criteria:
- For coaches in the Male program, you should be head coaching at the Bantam level or higher in the upcoming season, or be assistant coaching at the Midget level or higher.
- For coaches in the female program, you should be head coaching at the Midget level or higher or be assistant coaching at the College, University or Senior level in the upcoming season.
All candidates applying for NCCP HPI Certification will be subject to selection by the Saskatchewan Hockey Association. Not all applicants will necessarily qualify for acceptance to the NCCP High Performance I Seminar.
High Performance I Certification Process
Participants must successfully complete the 3 evaluation stages in order:
- Seminar attendance & workgroup evaluation - HP1 in-training
- Post-Seminar written examination – HP1 trained
- Field evaluation
After the successful completion of the written examination coaches must complete their field evaluation within two hockey seasons. Field evaluations will only be completed under the minimum guidelines as set forth by Hockey Canada and Saskatchewan Hockey Association.
Saskatchewan Hockey Association –NCCP High Performance I Seminar Topics
- Ethics & Leadership in Coaching
- Teaching and Leading Techniques
- Physical Preparation
- Planning to Preform
- Mental Preparation
- Player Evaluation and Selection
- Game & Bench Management
- Team Building
- Effective Use of Technology
- Power Play
- Penalty Kill
- Offensive Team Play
- Defensive Team Play
- Goalie Coaching
- Advanced Skill Analysis
- Leading Drug Free Sport
- Coaching Pathways
- Conflict Management
For more information contact:
Senior Coordinator, Hockey Development