MHA MATCHING GRANT PROGRAM
The Saskatchewan Hockey Association (SHA) is proud to announce the creation of the Minor Hockey Association (MHA) Matching Grant Program. This one-time opportunity is being offered to the two-hundred registered MHAs across the province. A total of $200,000 has been allocated by the SHA towards the grant program, which will see each MHA be eligible to receive up to $1000.00.
“We understand that the past twelve months have been especially tough on our associations. As an organization, we felt this was a way to help associations recoup costs incurred with the introduction of Cross-Ice at the Under-7 and Half-Ice at the Under-9 age groups, along with other capital expenditures in the area of development.”
Kelly McClintock, General Manager
To be eligible, each association must submit receipts through the online form provided at the link below. The receipts must indicate any purchases made by the association for player development equipment such as half-ice boards, portable bumper pads, on-ice coaching aids (ie. mini-nets, stickhandling apparatuses and or shooter tutors). SHA will then match the amount spent by each association up to a maximum of $1000.00 The purchases can be pre-dated from May 2017 up until the closing date of August 31, 2021.
- The MHA Matching Grant Program is a one-time opportunity for the SHA to support MHA’s with the capital purchase of materials which assist in Player Development with a matching of grant of up to $1,000.00.
- One application per MHA will be accepted and the MHA must match the Grant received.
- Online Applications to be received between May 1, 2021 and August 31, 2021
- The amount an applicant may receive is dependent on the cost of Approved Grassroots Equipment.
SHA Grassroots Assist Grant applicants must meet all the following criteria to be considered to receive grant funding;
- Be a member in good standing with the Saskatchewan Hockey Association
- Be the president of a Minor Hockey Association
- Must only submit receipts of approved grassroots equipment
- Must have adopted and support U-7 Cross-Ice and U-9 Half-Ice initiatives within your organization
Approved Grassroots Equipment
- Portable Half-Ice Boards
- Portable Bumper Pads
- On-Ice Coaching Aids
- Goalie Tudors; Goalie Equipment, Mini-Nets; Stickhandling Attack Triangles/Apparatus; Pylons; Passing Aids
Please fill out the application below and ensure that ALL receipts are included in your submission form. Receipts added after grant form has been submitted will not be accepted.