Hockey Day in Saskatchewan 2021: Call for Bids
To: SHA Registered Minor Hockey Associations - Zone 1
From: Kelly McClintock, General Manager
Re: Hockey Day in Saskatchewan 2021: Call for Bids
February 25, 2020
On behalf of the SHA Board of Directors, I would like to advise Minor Hockey Associations within Zone One (1) that the SHA will be accepting bids to host the 2021 Hockey Day in Saskatchewan on January 15-17, 2021.
Hockey Day in Saskatchewan was recently held in Hillmond and the host committee raised a record breaking $207,000. In 2019, the host community of Gull Lake raised $128,000.
The following criteria will be used to select a community to serve as the host for the 2021 event:
- The Minor Hockey Association is a member in good standing with the SHA.
- A detailed Host Committee structure for the event is in place.
- A detailed agenda for a weekend of activities is included (see attached suggested agenda/activities for the event).
- If possible, all teams within Minor Hockey have an opportunity to be involved.
- The community has an action plan to build a new arena or renovate the existing arena.
- A proposed budget for the weekend.
- A local promotional plan.
The SHA will provide the following assistance to the host community;
- $5,000 Hosting Grant
- Local Poster Campaign promoting the host community
- Silent auction items
- Guest speaker or assist in obtaining a guest speaker
- Securing of teams for hockey games
This event proved to be a tremendous promotion over the course of the past twelve (12) years and the SHA sees this event getting larger and more popular each year.
Please submit your Bid to Host the 2021 Hockey Day in Saskatchewan event by email to KellyM@sha.sk.ca by April 1st, 2020. A recommendation will be made to the SHA Board of Directors for approval at their meeting scheduled for the April 25-26 weekend.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the SHA office at 306-789-5101.