Male Midget AAA and AA Hockey
To: SHA Membership
From: Kelly McClintock, General Manager
Re: Male Midget AAA and AA Hockey
May 15, 2019
The SHA Board of Directors have reviewed all feedback received during the Spring Zone Meetings held throughout the province and have approved motions to move forward with the Midget AAA and AA proposals that were outlined. Please note the Board of Directors chose not to move forward with a Midget 15 Provincial League Proposal.
Applications to host Midget AAA and Midget AA teams for the 2020/21 season and beyond, must be submitted to the SHA Office by October 1, 2019.
All Applications will be reviewed by a Sub-Committee of the SHA Minor Female Development Committee who will make recommendations to the SHA Board of Directors for a decision to be made by mid-November 2019. All MHA applicants will be notified of the Board of Directors decision for the location of teams.
If Minor Hockey Associations wish to apply to host a Midget AAA or Midget AA team for the 2020/21 Season the following outlines the requirements that must be fulfilled;
- All current MHA’s/teams in the SMAAAHL must reapply if they wish to be members of the League in 2020/21.
- The Committee will review applications and submit a recommendation to the SHA Board of Directors for up to a maximum of twelve teams.
- Male Midget AAA application criteria;
- MHA must have an established Male Minor Hockey Program.
- MHA must demonstrate they have local Coaching Resources.
- MHA must provide billeting options for males including a billeting coordinator which must be named in the proposal. Please ensure the billeting coordinator is not a member of the Team coaching staff.
- MHA must provide a named Educational Consultant along with including a written working agreement with a local high school. Please ensure the Educational Consultant is not a member of the Team coaching staff.
- MHA must also be able to sustain a Midget AA program for the availability of affiliates.
- Team must be able to sustain a team of a minimum of 18 skaters and 2 goaltenders.
- Players will be able to be drawn from the entire Province.
- Players of Bantam age will not be eligible.
- All current MHA’s/teams in the Sask AA Hockey League must reapply if they wish to be members of the League in 2020/21.
- The Committee will review applications and submit a recommendation to the SHA Board of Directors for a range of twenty to twenty-five teams.
- MHA must demonstrate they have enough local Coaching Resources.
- Must be able to sustain a team of a minimum of 17 skaters and 2 goaltenders.
- Players will have to first try out first for the nearest AA team of their residence except for Regina, Saskatoon, Prince Albert and Moose Jaw which are closed.
- Players of Bantam age will not be eligible