Return to Hockey - Update
To: SHA Membership
From: Kelly McClintock, General Manager
Re: Return to Hockey - Update
Nov. 13th, 2020
With today’s announcement from the Government of Saskatchewan regarding further COVID-19 measures, we’d like to remind our membership to remain diligent and continue to follow the SHA Safety Guidelines along with the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan. Included in today’s update is the addition of Hockey within the Re-Open Saskatchewan document. I wish to outline a few noteworthy items from the “Arena Facility Guidelines for Hockey” section (pages 91-98);
- Further information on how to properly run ticketing, 50-50 and team stores.
- Concessions/canteens are to follow the Restaurants and Licensed Establishments Guidelines (page 51)
- Skills Training or Camps (page 94);
- “Skills training within mini-leagues is permitted.”
- “Skills training camps are permitted outside of the mini-league group as long as physical distancing can be maintained and gathering numbers are below 30. If physical distancing cannot be maintained, then a washout period of 14 days – before and after the camp – must occur before athletes may rejoin a mini-league.”
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the SHA Office.
Kelly McClintock, SHA General Manager