Sask First Update for August Events
July 7, 2021 – The Saskatchewan Hockey Association (SHA) and Lumsden Recreation Board wish to announce the following measures to mitigate risk during the Sask First Male Under-15, Female Under-16 and Female Under-18 events that are planned for late-July and early-August.
It is the desire of both the SHA and Lumsden Recreation Board to put on a safe and successful event and understand that attendees will be coming from across the province, as well as scouts from both out-of-province and out-of-country.
The following measures will be imposed in order to mitigate risk at our fall events in Lumsden.
- Mask Use: During the event, masks will be mandatory inside the rink for all attendees. The exception will be participating players and officials while on the ice-surface only. Patrons of the event may remove their mask to drink or eat in designated areas of the rink.
- Attendance: Only participating players, coaches, officials, evaluators and verified scouts will be permitted inside the rink during the events. Each member team of the Western Hockey League, Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, USport, NCAA, Saskatchewan Male Under-18 ‘AAA’ Hockey League and Saskatchewan Female Under-18 ‘AAA’ Hockey League will be permitted a limited number of staff members at the event and each staff member must be registered and verified by the Saskatchewan Hockey Association prior to the event(s) they wish to attend.
- Check-In: All participants and permitted attendees must check-in upon arrival at the rink daily. Those attending must answer the COVID screening questions to gain entry.30 minutes prior to their scheduled ice session and are required to leave the rink 30 minutes after each session.
The Saskatchewan Hockey Association is working diligently to have a successful hockey season in 2021-22 and we ask that everyone respect the measures the SHA has agreed upon with the facility in Lumsden.
SASK FIRST PROVINCIAL EVENTS – AUGUST 2021
- Male Under-15 July 30 to August 1 Lumsden, SK
- Female Under-16 August 6 to August 8 Lumsden, SK
- Female Under-18 August 6 to August 8 Lumsden, SK
Registration for these events remains open until July 16, 2021. Camp schedules and rosters will be announced the week of July 19.
The Saskatchewan Hockey Association (SHA) was established in 1912 and is the governing body for organized hockey in the Province of Saskatchewan. With a mission to Lead, Develop and Promote Positive Hockey Experiences, the SHA encourages competition at all levels – from recreational to high performance. SHA has grown through the years and is Saskatchewan’s largest sports organization with over 43,000 members comprised of players, coaches, and officials. For more information on the Saskatchewan Hockey Association, please visit sha.sk.ca or follow them through social media on Facebook and Twitter