April 23-24 2016 Board of Directors Meeting
To: SHA Membership
From: Kelly McClintock
Re: April, 2016 SHA Board of Directors Meeting – Summary
The SHA Board of Directors held a meeting on April 23 & 24, 2016 in Weyburn.
The following Board Members were not present;
Randy Magnus (representing SHA at the Telus Cup)
Blaine McCormick, Medical reasons
Dale Tesarowski, Personal reasons
Greg Haubrich, Saturday only due to Farming, was present Sunday
Eric Sundholm, Personal reasons
Aaron Dymterko, Personal reasons
Bill Chow, Personal reasons
The highlights of the meeting were as follows;
- AA Committee Recommendations – based on the feedback from Zone Meetings and Officers the Board recommended the following to the SHA Registration Committee;
- Removal of Meadow Lake Pee Wee team from the Centre Four League beginning in the 2016/17 season and recommending that they apply for a concession to place a tiered Pee Wee team in the North East Alberta Hockey League
- Addition of a second Bantam AA team in the Sask Valley area with one based in Warman and one in Martensville beginning in the 2017/18 season
- All other recommendations that deal with Regulation Changes will be presented at the SHA AGM for approval
- Approval of a Guide to SHA Appeals to clearly outline the Appeal Process of the SHA. There are accompanying Notices of Motion that were approved to alter the SHA Appeal Regulations.
- There was a revision to the SHA Social Media Policy to include updated Social Media Platforms in the wording of the policy.
- There was approval on a number of Notices of Motion to present to the Membership at the June AGM.
- The Board of Directors approved the 2016/17 SHA Forward Plan.
- The Board of Directors approved the 2016/17 SHA Budget and Capital Budget.
- Approved an IP Coach Mentorship Initiative for 2016/17.
- Approved a Skill Licensing Initiative for 2016/17.
- Reviewed a Grassroots Development Guide to promote Cross Ice at the Initiation Program level for 2016/17.
- Approved a Goaltender Camp to be held in August in White City for interested young goaltenders as a pilot project.