Hockey Day in Saskatchewan 2020: Call for Bids
To: SHA Registered Minor Hockey Associations - Zone 7
From: Kelly McClintock, General Manager
Re: Hockey Day in Saskatchewan 2020: Call for Bids (January 17-19, 2020)
March 8, 2019
On behalf of the SHA Board of Directors, I would like to advise Minor Hockey Associations within Zone Seven (7) that the SHA will be accepting bids to host the 2020 Hockey Day in Saskatchewan on January 17-19, 2020.
Hockey Day in Saskatchewan was recently held in Gull Lake and the host committee raised over $128,000 for their arena project. In 2017, a record breaking $175,000 was raised in Shellbrook.
The following criteria will be used to select a community to serve as the host for the 2020 event:
- The Minor Hockey Association is a member in good standing with the SHA.
- A detailed Host Committee structure for the event is in place.
- A detailed agenda for a weekend of activities is included (see link below).
- If possible, all teams within Minor Hockey have an opportunity to be involved.
- The community has an action plan to build a new arena or renovate the existing arena.
- A proposed budget for the weekend.
- A local promotional plan.
The SHA will provide the following assistance to the host community;
- $5,000 Hosting Grant
- Local Poster Campaign promoting the host community
- Silent auction items
- Guest speaker or assist in obtaining a guest speaker
- Securing of teams for hockey games
This event proved to be a tremendous promotion over the course of the past eleven (11) years and the SHA sees this event getting larger and more popular each year.
Please submit your Bid to Host the 2020 Hockey Day in Saskatchewan event to the SHA Office by April 1st, 2019. A recommendation will be made to the SHA Board of Directors for approval at their meeting scheduled for the April 27-28 weekend.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the SHA office at 306-789-5101.
Saskatchewan Hockey Association