January 2-3 2016 Board of Directors Meetings
To: SHA Membership
From: Kelly McClintock
Re: January, 2016 SHA Board of Directors Meeting – Summary
The SHA Board of Directors held a meeting on January 2 & 3, 2016 in Saskatoon. All Board Members were present however Zone 6 Director Aaron Dmyterko was absent for Sundays meeting due to illness.
The highlights of the meeting were as follows;
- Approval for a change to the Sask First Bantam Program beginning in the 2016/17 season.
- Cross Ice Initiation Program will be mandatory for the 2016/17 season. Further work to be completed around the policies to accompany the decision.
- The SHA was awarded the host of the 2016 National U18 Female Hockey Championships and they will be held in Regina.
- There was a Sask First Program Orientation Presentation for the Board.
- There was a SHA Provincial Playoff Orientation Presentation for the Board and SHA Provincial Playoff Draws were approved.
- There was a tour of the new SHA Website that went live on January 7, 2016.
- There was approval of a draft set of Bylaws for the SHA to replace the current SHA Bylaws. The draft to be circulated at March Zone Meetings and then presented at the SHA AGM for formal approval.
- A request from the City of Lloydminster (who wish to bid to host the 2018 Sask Winter Games) to allow City of Lloydminster players who are registered in Alberta to try out and play for Male and Female teams in the 2018 Sask Winter Games if Lloydminster was awarded the games was denied.