SHA Spring Zone Meetings 2017
To: Minor Hockey Associations / Leagues
From: Kelly McClintock, General Manager
March 1, 2017
On behalf of the SHA Board of Directors we would like to invite the President of each Minor Hockey Association and their guest to their respective SHA Zone Meeting in the upcoming weeks.
The following is a schedule of the Zone Meetings:
- Zone 1 - Monday, March 20th at 7:30 pm - Popular Tree Inn, Stoughton
- Zone 3 - Wednesday, March 22nd at 7:30 pm – Parish Hall, Gravelbourg
- Zone 4 - Thursday, March 23rd at 7:30 pm - Gallagher Centre (National Bank A Room), Yorkton
- Zone 5 - Wednesday, March 15th at 7:30 pm – Arena (Upstairs Hall), Lanigan
- Zone 7 - Monday, March 13th at 7:30 pm - Don Ross Center (Room 101), North Battleford
- Zone 8 - Tuesday, March 14th at 7:30 pm - Kerry Vicar Centre, Melfort
CROSS ICE IP
- Review Mandate
- Review Coach Mentoring Initiative
- Review Guide
- What needs to be amended/revised
SEASONAL PLAN FOR AGE GROUPS
- Follow up from Fall Discussion
- Thoughts of Creating a Development Season for Novice
- Discuss what we see in Novice games today?
- Practices only until December 31
- Games then from January 1 to end of March
PLAYING RULE CHANGES FOR 2017/18
- Review feedback from Fall Discussion and Board of Directors Changes for 2017/18
REGISTRATION REGULATION AMENDMENTS
- What items need amending?
- Releases for Atom and Done – review feedback from the Fall – that all releases be concessions to the SHA
- Report on change to Regional Camps
AA COMMITTEE UPDATE
- SHA Goaltending Summit
- What can be done to encourage more kids to play goal?
FEMALE COACHES/YOUNGER COACHES
- How can MHAs encourage younger people especially females to get into coaching?
SHA ZONE DIRECTOR ELECTIONS