FOCUSING ON FUNDAMENTAL and SKILL DEVELOPMENT
The Saskatchewan Hockey Association Goaltender Development Program is all about development opportunities for young players. Fundamental skill development is the primary focus of the program, ensuring players receive the necessary training to further develop skills and enhance their ability on the ice.
PROGRAM OF EXCELLENCE CAMP
New this year, the Saskatchewan Hockey Association (SHA), in partnership with Hockey Canada has outlined a plan to promote goaltending in the province. Four (4) Program of Excellence (POE) camps will be ran in the province to help develop and enhance skill sets of our young goaltenders.
- Twenty-four (24) goaltenders per camp; twelve (12) Male & twelve (12) Female
- Male age groups: 2004 and 2005 (Peewee "AA" and above)
- Female age groups: 2002,2003 and 2004 Female (Bantam and above)
Both MALE and FEMALE camps are as follows:
- Balgonie- December 27-28, 2017
- Saskatoon- December 29-30, 2017
- Regina- April 14-15, 2018
- Aberdeen- April 28-29, 2018
Core U17 Program of Excellence (POE) Curriculum
- Stance (athletic position, balance)
- Moving Skills (t-push, shuffle, c-cut & pivot)
- Positioning (angles, square, depth)
- Save selection (vs. 10 scoring situations)
- Puck Control (rebound control)
- Off-Ice/ Classroom sessions
Materials & Information
- Player Information Package Provided
- Parent Information Package Provided
- Multisport Materials / Training Programs
- Hockey Canada Network Articles / Features
Registration for goaltenders is $350 per camp. The online registration for all camps will open on Wednesday November 8th and registrations for the two December camps will close on Wednesday November 22nd.
Male GOALIE participants are expected to be 2004 or 2005 born players who are currently playing on a Peewee AA roster or above.
Female GOALIE participants are expected to be 2002, 2003 or 2004 born players on a Bantam roster or above.
Regina- April 14-15, 2018 - TBA
Aberdeen- April 28-29, 2018 - TBA