Source For Sports Cross Ice Jamborees
What is a Cross Ice Jamboree?
The SHA is pleased to announce a new Program that started in the fall of 2015. A Cross Ice Jamboree will focus on Cross Ice Games as well as individual skill. This full day event will consist of 4 Initiation teams competing in 3- 20 minute Cross Ice Games, as well as 3- 20 minute skill sessions. All of the skills that will be taught will align with Hockey Canada’s Development Model. The below illustration shows how the ice will be divided for the Cross Ice Jamboree.
- 2 teams will play the Cross Ice game while the other 2 teams are doing skills. After 10 minutes at skill station 1 and 10 minutes at skill station 2 the 2 teams will switch skill stations.
- After the 20 minutes is complete the 2 teams that were playing the Cross Ice Game will switch to the skill stations and the 2 teams that were doing skills will now play the Cross Ice Game.
The SHA would like to provide any Minor Hockey Association with the opportunity to host a Source for Sports Cross Ice Jamboree. The SHA feels that with Minor Hockey Associations involvement in a Cross Ice Jamboree, there will be an increase in the player's enjoyment of the game, while also increasing the education of the parents and coaches in a Cross Ice Format.
Duties of the Local Minor Hockey Association and SHA
This is FREE of charge for ALL Teams to enter the Cross Ice Jamboree
Minor Hockey Association
- MHA covers the cost of the Ice
- MHA has the opportunity to set up a raffle or prize table for fundraising
- MHA will ask Coaches of the respective teams to help out during all on-ice sessions. The Coaches will get Mentorship from the SHA Instructors.
- MHA will supply someone to work the clock during all on ice sessions. (20 Min on the clock with the buzzer going off every 2 minutes for a shift change)
- MHA to assist the SHA at the Registration table
- Have the Canteen open for snacks and lunch
Saskatchewan Hockey Association
- Will cover the cost of the SHA Instructors
- The SHA Instructors will deliver all the on-ice skill stations- with Mandatory help from the Initiation Coaches
- SHA Instructors will set up the rink accordingly
- SHA to provide the Rink Dividers
- SHA representative will set-up and work with the MHA at the registration table
- SHA will provide a kids clothing table OPTIONAL
- SHA will supply signage for the Arena OPTIONAL
- SHA to supply each player with a Cross Ice Jamboree Jersey as well as a Departing Gift Bag OPTIONAL
If you have any other questions in regards to hosting a Cross Ice Jamboree please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (306) 789-5101.