A PROGRAM FOR NOVICE and ATOM AGED GIRLS
The Female Festivals are for Novice and Atom aged girls! This is the first step in our Female Development Progression.
Aligning with Hockey Canada’s Long-Term Athlete Development Plan, the Novice girls (Female players born in 2010 & 2011) and ATOM (Female players born in 2008 & 2009).
Novice Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
During this period players continue to develop motor skills and coordination. Practices sessions should be held twice a week during the season. Ongoing participation in compatible sports is strongly encouraged. The Novice Skills Program is designed to promote the continued development of physical literacy, fitness, and the basic skills required to play hockey.
Atom Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
This stage is the beginning of the most important window to develop the fine motor skills on an individual technical skill basis that leads to utilizing these skills into individual and team tactics later. During this phase, prior to the beginning of the growth spurt, players have the best opportunity to learn and begin to master fine motor skills that can be used in combination with other skills. In most cases, what is learned or not learned in this stage will have a very significant effect on the level of play that is achieved later. Players should be able to begin to transfer skills and concepts from practices to games.
- 4 Festivals held throughout the Province each season (September-March)
- 2-day camp
- You can register in as many Festivals as you want per year
- The cost per player for each Festival is $125
Each participant will receive the following at each of the Festivals: (Based on two Novice and two Atom groups)
- One 45-minute power skating session
- One 45-minute dryland session
- One 60 minute on-ice skills session
- Two 45 minute on-ice skills sessions
- Female Festival Jersey
SCHEDULED FESTIVALS FOR 2018-19
- Deadline to register: Monday, September 17, 2018
- Deadline to register: Monday, October 15, 2018
- Deadline to register: Monday, October 29, 2018
- Deadline to register: Monday, March 25, 2018