A PROGRAM FOR PEE WEE AGED GIRLS
The Female SaskFirst Futures is for ALL PEEWEE AGED GIRLS. The Futures are based on skill development while also implementing games and competition.
Aligning with Hockey Canada’s Long Term Player Development Plan (LTPD), the Peewee (Female players born in 2005 & 2006) As the LTPD clearly states, “This is the most significant period for development. A reasonable balance of practices and games will foster the ongoing development and mastery of essential skills in hockey.
The Female Futures Program is also trying the best to prepare the 2004 group who will be eligible to attend the Female U16 program in 2019.
The SHA feels that the SaskFirst Female Futures Program is beneficial to attend for those wanting the opportunity to play for Team Saskatchewan or continue playing hockey at the CIS/College level.
The Female SaskFirst Futures will be broken into 2 separate weekends. The first weekend will be a skills weekend plus games, where the players will work through repetitions at various skills – shooting & scoring, puck handling, skating, checking, plus play 3 45 minute games. Goaltenders will also have specific instruction, time and attention to their position. The 2nd and final weekend will be a competition, tournament style where each player will receive 3 games. Participants will be evaluated throughout both weekends.
The Female SaskFirst Futures is open to the first 160 total participants – that total broken down is 80 in the North and 80 in the South. You must register based on where you reside not where you play.
NOTE: Communities of Southey, Lumsden, and Strasbourg are considered to be in Zone 5- which if you live in those communities you will have to attend the skills weekend in the North.
The 80 registered are based on first come, first serve by position; thus meaning
- 48 Forwards
- 24 Defense
- 8 Goaltenders
- Players are responsible for own meals, travel, and accommodations throughout all weekends
- Registration is first come, first serve by location (North/South) and position (Goaltender/Defense/Forward)
- Spots are limited. Once spots are full, players may be waitlisted.
Each player will receive:
- 1 – 60 minute power skating session (Friday - Skills Weekend)
- 1 – 45 minute on-ice skills session (Friday - Skills Weekend)
- 2 –60 minute on-ice skills sessions (Saturday - Skills Weekend)
- 3 - 60 minute scrimmages (One on Saturday & Two on Sunday - Skills Weekend)
- Goaltenders, 1 - 1 hour on-ice goalie session (Saturday - Skills Weekend)
- 1 - 60 minute Dryland Session (Saturday - Skills Weekend)
- 4 games (Tournament)
- SaskFirst Futures Jersey (Tournament)
- Feedback at the completion of the SaskFirst Futures Program
2018 Skills Camp Information
Location: Regina (Co-operators Centre)
Date: April 20-22, 2018
Date: April 20-22, 2018
2018 Tournament Information
Location: Saskatoon (Jemini Rinks)
Date: May 11-13, 2018
Radisson Hotel - Saskatoon - Tournament: May 11-13, 2018
Direct link for booking: https://www.radisson.com/shafemalefutures (This rate is available for stays from May 11, 2018 to May 13, 2018)