A PROGRAM FOR PEE WEE AGED GIRLS
The Female SaskFirst Futures is for ALL PEEWEE AGED GIRLS. The Futures are based around skill development while also implementing games and competition.
Aligning with Hockey Canada’s Long Term Player Development Plan (LTPD), the Peewee (Female players born in 2004 & 2005) As the LTPD clearly states, “This is the most significant period for development. A reasonable balance of practices and games will foster the ongoing development and mastery of essential skills in hockey.
The Female Futures Program is also trying the best to prepare the 2004 group who will be eligible to attend the Female U16 program in 2018.
The SHA feels that the SaskFirst Female Futures Program is beneficial to attend for those wanting the opportunity to play for Team Saskatchewan or continue playing hockey at the CIS/College level.
The Female SaskFirst Futures will be broken into 2 separate weekends. The first weekend will be a skills weekend plus games, where the players will work through repetitions at various skills – shooting & scoring, puck handling, skating, checking, plus play 3 45 minute games. Goaltenders will also have specific instruction, time and attention to their position. The 2nd and final weekend will be a competition, tournament style where each player will receive 3 games. Participants will be evaluated throughout both weekends.
The Female SaskFirst Futures is open to the first 160 total participants – that total broken down is 80 in the North and 80 in the South. You must register based on where you reside not where you play.
NOTE: Communities of Southey, Lumsden and Strasbourg are considered to be in Zone 5- which if you live in those communities you will have to attend the skills weekend in the North.
The 80 registered are based on first come, first serve by position; thus meaning
- 8 Goaltenders
- 48 Forwards
- 24 Defense
- Cost is $275 for Players and $175 for Goalies
- Players are responsible for own meals, travel and accommodations throughout all weekends
- Registration is first come, first serve by location (North/South) and position (Goaltender/Defense/Forward)
- Spots are limited. Once spots are full, players may be waitlisted.
Each player will receive:
- 1 - 45 minute power skating session (Friday - Skills Weekend)
- 1 – 45 minute on-ice skills session (Friday - Skills Weekend)
- 2 –1 hour on-ice skills sessions (Saturday - Skills Weekend)
- 3 - 60 minute scrimmages (One on Saturday & Two on Sunday - Skills Weekend)
- Goaltenders, 1 - 1 hour on-ice goalie session (Saturday - Skills Weekend)
- 3 games (Tournament)
- SaskFirst Futures Jersey (Tournament)
- Feedback at the completion of the SaskFirst Futures Program
2017 Skills Camp Locations:
April 21st-23rd, Regina, Cooperators Centre
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
April 28th-30th, Aberdeen, Rec Complex
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
2017 Tournament Information
May 13th - 14th, Saskatoon, Jemini 4 Rinks
The 2017 SaskFirst Futures Tournament has concluded. Thank you to everyone who came out and participated in the development of these young athletes. We hope to see everyone back in 2017-18 for more great hockey!